We price your item(s) based on their original value, condition and market demand. The Tool Consignment® Store does not guarantee the selling price of any item and markdowns will be at the discretion of The Tool Consignment® Store. If you need a specific dollar amount, we recommend you try Craigslist and eBay.
Item(s) must be in proper working condition when left by the consignor. When item(s) sell, the consignor will receive 60% of the selling price on each item up to $500.00 and 70% of the selling price on each item greater than $500.00.
Payments are issued on the 15th, monthly. Your property needs to sell by the end of the month to qualify for payment on the following 15th. A settlement sheet showing account activity will be included with payment.
OUR RETURN POLICY
The Tool Consignment® Store return policy is that only defective Items may be returned within 7 days from the date of purchase with receipt. (Applies to power tools only) Returns will be honored as store credit only.
Unfortunately, these are SECOND HAND tools, therefore we can only offer store credit. Please ask to have the tool tested in-store by one of The Tool Consignment® Store’s representatives.
- Does The Tool Consignment® Store offer pick up service?
While we prefer items to be brought to the store by the consignor we will make arrangements for certain instances.
- How long does the item(s) remain on consignment?
As of today we do not have a specific time the item(s) remains on consignment. However if The Tool Consignment® Store requests that you pick up your item the consignor will have 14 calendar days to pick up the item(s). Item(s) left for more than 14 calendar days after request for pick up will be disposed of by The Tool Consignment® Store without any recourse by the consignor.
- Is there a storage fee if my item(s) does not sell?
- When I leave my item(s) with The Tool Consignment® Store am I giving up ownership of the item(s)?
No. Consignor retains ownership of the item(s) until the item(s) is sold or picked up by the consignor.
- When my item(s) sells can I receive store credit as payment?
- Does The Tool Consignment® Store accept trade for item(s)?
- Does The Tool Consignment® Store buy an item(s) outright?
While consignment is the preferred method for item(s) brought to the store, we do offer cleanouts and bulk buying of tools.
- Does The Tool Consignment® Store offer cleanouts?
Yes, We will offer cleanout services after evaluating the item(s).
- Does The Tool Consignment® Store offer repair service on tools?
As of today we do not repair tools. We request that the consignor’s item(s) be in good working condition when they consign their tools.